Modern world-class internal audit is not only risk based but also systematic, forward-looking, and innovative to meet the ever-changing needs of the global business and risk environment. The modern internal audit function needs to fulfill traditional audit activities as well as becoming far more agile to align more closely to the organisation’s strategic objectives, risks, changing priorities and emerging issues. This practical and interactive programme will equip internal audit leaders, managers, and practitioners to meet these challenges and hone the knowledge and expertise in critical areas of governance, risk and compliance management and internal control.
1. Define the scope and function of internal audit within an orgnaization
2. Distinguish the types of internal audit assignments related to operational, compliance, quality, safety, or
financial internal audit
3. Describe the internal audit planning guidelines and develop a risk-based audit plan
4. Select the appropriate internal audit test tools
5. Explore Risk Based Auditing (RBA) and recognize the purpose of Internal Auditing (IA)
1. An Introduction to Risk Based Internal Auditing
2. Risk and Internal Audit Overview
3. Scope of Internal Auditing
4. The Role of Audit Committee
5. Enterprise Risk Management Essentials
6. Risk-Based Internal Audit: Planning the Fieldwork
7. Stages of Implementing Risk-Based Internal Audit
8. Conducting Audit Engagements
9. Technical Tools for Internal Auditors
10. Internal Audit Process
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Develop risk-based audit tests at both compliance and substantive levels
2. Maximize the use of tools and techniques for planning and performing risk-based audits
3. Link audit findings to the risk-based environment
4. Apply risk-based auditing techniques to organizational governance
5. Manage Corporate Risks
Board members, especially risk and audit committee chairs and members, Chief Risk Officers. Heads of market, credit, and operational risk, Head of Risk Management. Chief Compliance Officers, Chief Audit Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Actuaries, Treasurers, Auditors (External & Internal), Bank regulators and examiners, Risk management consultants and Heads of Departments and Units.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, shares his thoughts on the...
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, says the trade war is going...