Risk-based Auditing is a style of evaluating which centers upon the investigation and the executives of risk. The significance of a world-class internal audit function operating as a professional, independent, and competent third line of defense is imperative to providing assurances and advice over governance, risk management and internal control. These vital processes add value and help safeguard sustainable success for the organization and its stakeholders. This programme focuses on risk-based audit and regulation in an organization.
1. Identify the requirements of a modern internal audit function of international standards
2. Understand the concepts of governance, risk management and control, and be able to audit them
3. Develop effective plans for audit work
4. Undertake audits in a computerized and change environment
5. Implement the principles and practices of risk-based, agile, and analytical auditing
1. Introduction to Risk Based Audit and Introduction
2. Concepts of Audit and Assurance
3. Global Internal Auditing Standards
4. Governance, Risk Management, and Internal Control
5. Approaches to And Methodologies of Internal Audit
6. Establishing and Leading an Internal Audit Function
7. Mapping and Planning Internal Audit Work
8. Agile and Value Adding Auditing Practices, Tools and Techniques
9. Auditing in A Computerized and Changing Environment
10. Effective Engagement, Communication and Reporting
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the benefits of Risk Based Auditing
2. Differentiate risk-based audit from a Regular internal audit approach
3. Apply relevant tools to set up a risk-based audit system
4. Develop a RBIA plan and apply a risk-based methodology to internal audit assignment
5. Link each stage of RBIA to the organisation’s risk management framework
Internal Audit Senior Managers, Managers in Internal Audit, Risk Managers, Finance Managers, Delegates with some experience in auditing as well as junior auditors or professionals from finance or other departments looking to develop a focused and best practices approach to the internal audit function. This course is also suitable for supervisors and managers who are interested in updating, upgrading, and refreshing their knowledge of the internal audit function.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, shares his thoughts on the...
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, says the trade war is going...