The effectiveness and efficiency of a country’s public sector are vital to the development of its economy. The public sector is the biggest employer and spender in virtually every developing country and it sets the policy environment for the rest of the economy, therefore regular review of the government’s activities is vital to the growth of the nation.
The Reviewing Public Governance and Executing Structural Reforms course is a leadership course aimed at examining public sector reform with a balanced perspective of economic development goals and strategies as well as providing senior public service leaders with ideas to stimulate the improvement of the economy.
Participants will be able to:
1. Create a change management road map to address the people side of change
2. Align key leaders on the vision/business case for change & their role as sponsors
3. Maximize employee engagement & adoption of change to reach business goals
4. Assess the organizational culture to foresee how it may assist or hinder the change
5. Prepare the organization through communication, training, and knowledge transfer
• Introduction to Public Services Review
• Understanding the Need for Structural Reforms
• Policy Reform and its Impact on Economic Development
• Tools and Techniques for Effective Management and Implementation of Reforms
• Institutional Transformation Through Structural Policy Reformation
• Reviewing Public Services and Execution of Reforms.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the need for disruption and the reasons why the strategy-implementation gap exists
2. Identify external and internal forces that impact an organization’s ability to execute its strategies.
3. Comprehend and conceptualize the changes in the organization
4. Develop strategies for supporting the change agents in their areas
5. Strengthen core competencies to successfully deliver strategic change.
For Perm secs, DGs, CEOs, Senior public servants
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, shares his thoughts on the...
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, says the trade war is going...