Many businesses fail to recognise the value of training to improve competitiveness. The training effort in many organisations is often wasted as a result of poor (or non-existent) needs assessment. Surveys of most businesses reveal around 40% of organisations have no formal training schemes and around 32% have no formal instruction to develop skills. These statistics reveal a lack of recognition of the role human resource development (HRD) plays in the success of an organisation, or the lack of wanting to invest in training. This programme will empower you in understanding the importance of the right training need analysis, how to conduct one for expected outcomes and to curate a right training program for maximum impact.
Participants will be able to:
1. Explain the meaning of Training Need Analysis
2. Determine the importance of Training Need Analysis
3. Clearly define the factors essential for conducting a training need analysis
4. Elaborate on the steps involved in the Training Need Analysis process
5. Define the components of training need analysis report
1. Introduction to Training Needs Analysis
2. Principles of Training Needs Analysis & Training Cycle
3. Elements of Training Need Analysis Process
4. Factors to consider while conducting a TNA
5. Steps in TNA Process
6. McGhee and Thayer’s Three-Level Analysis
7. Tools and Techniques for TNA
8. Factors for content design and delivery in TNA
9. Consequences of not performing appropriate TNA
10. Components of training need analysis report
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Communicate and align teams around a common vision to achieve organizational objectives
2. Ascertain the importance of learning styles while conducting Training Need Analysis
3. Explain the factors important for design and delivery strategy of any Training intervention
4. Understand the gaps between an employee’s skills and the skills required for effective current job performance
5. Understand and utilize tool & techniques of TNA
Human Resource Professionals, Trainers, OD Consultants, Managers of People, Independent Training Professionals, Instructional Designers, Technical Leads, Operational Managers, Current and potential strategic leaders and first line managers at all levels.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, shares his thoughts on the...
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, says the trade war is going...