This programme focuses on strategic energy planning for executives. Strategic Energy planning is a general term for a structured, long-term plan to make changes resulting in continual improvements in energy performance. Many companies use more energy than necessary because energy efficiency is not integrated into daily management practices. Participants will be trained through discussions with leading actors in the sector to identify, assess and utilize sustainable energy sources in developing plans for national or local consumption.
Participants will be able to:
1. Hear the latest insights, research, and developments in energy planning from leading experts
2. Network and share ideas with colleagues
3. Enhanced skills and knowledge in the management of energy plans and projects
4. Learn about the purpose, origins, and alternative approaches to effective strategic planning
5. Learn how to apply the steps of an integrated best-practice strategic plan
1. Introduction to Strategic Energy Planning
2. Purpose, origins, and alternative approaches to effective strategic planning
3. Steps in Strategic Energy Planning
4. Developing a Strategic Energy Plan
5. Barriers to Strategic Planning
6. Geo-politics of energy
7. Recent global developments in the oil & gas sector
8. Energy access and energy for development
9. Assessing Energy Needs and Resources
10. Regulation and Markets of Energy
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Integrate key sustainable energy issues with planning strategies
2. Learn and understand concepts of strategic energy planning
3. Assess and evaluate energy sources and their sustainability
4. Identify and recognize the barriers to strategic planning
5. Formulate and communicate strategic energy planning
Current and potential strategic leaders and first line managers at all levels of medium to large organizations including Directors and Senior Managers, Head of division, Team Leaders, HR and Corporate Managers, Executive Directors and Heads of Departments and Units.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, shares his thoughts on the...
Professor Pushan Dutt, Co-Director of Leading Business Transformation in Asia, says the trade war is going...